May 26, 2015

Playing Catch-Up

The last couple of months since my last post way back in February has been ... well, let's just say the phrase chaotic madness would be an understatement! So in this post, I am going to attempt to play catchup so you know I'm still quite alive ...  well, barely in April but here we go.

I was kept pretty busy in March with a birthday box card for a twelve year old boy where I tried very, very hard to keep the colours less girly because you know, I design a lot for girls. I also included an un-presuming box, with instructions that pops open with a fully customizable cake and light up LED candle for almost 60 hours of birthday wishes. 

I also caught the travellers notebook art-journalling bug and bought myself a regular sized faux-Midori Traveller's Notebook from Stickeriffic, plus a host of other journalling accessories like my current favourite fountain pens - the Pilot Penmanship EF Fountain Pen and the Pilot Kakuno Fountain Pen. Since I over-splurged on accessories, I went the DIY way for refills with help from Google and that in itself kept me quite occupied.

I also did my first collaboration with May from Jumps & Jiggles for her mom's 70th birthday party where we came up with a vintage polka dotted blue and red roses theme, which I am absolutely in love with. 


Then came April came along and boy, was it an extremely tough month to get by! My little man was diagnosed with broncho-pneumonia in early April and was admitted for almost a week. Going to work during the day and staying in the hospital at night was tough. Unfortunately, three weeks later he was readmitted again because his little lungs hadn't fully cleared up and that was super duper rough because in between that, I was admitted for a week for pneumonia. So yeah, April was totally sans designs and was instead filled with hospital stays and horrible tasting medicine for me and my little man.


With May, came a little reprieve. I got to go to KL for a week which was really nice because for one, I did not have to think about work - at all and two, I got to sleep in until 8 am. It would be nice to sleep in until 9 am but the mini monkeys just would not sleep past 8:01!


Anyhoo, the week was spent visiting daddy's office where my little man got to play the boss. Then while I visit Szetoo at Stickeriffic, the kids had loads of fun and laughter with Frankie the Clown at Jaya One. We later had dinner at our must-visit restaurant whenever I'm in KL {... well, because I live in the jungle and we don't have good western diners in the jungle} and the kids had more fun with their cousin while the husband and I chatted away with my brother and sis-in-law.


After one whole week of almost-sleep-ins, good food and tons of stationary hoarding, it was back to reality. I kept busy the entire first half of the month with ...


... a Sophia the First's birthday party. Another collaboration with Jumps & Jiggles.


... my daughter's Teacher's Day presents, which I totally forgot about so I was up until 3am finishing these.


And finally ... the company's May CSR project; an exclusive movie screening of Dreamwork's Home at GSC for 100 underprivileged children from 4 homes around the state of Perak.

So, that was my past three months. Right now, I'm learning calligraphy and water colouring so yeah - quite a bit of posts on that will be heading your way soon. Until then, fingers crossed that my next post won't be three months down the road!