September 26, 2014

The Three Months of Our House to Home Project

The first day of October starts next week, which means I'll be kick starting my "Three Months of Our House to Home" project {... oh, Lord help me}.

Inspired by Myquillyn at the nesting place, who is running her 6th annual 31 Days Writing Challenge {... which I am way too chicken to join}, I decided to run something similar here on my own blog and instead of 31 days, I decided to spread it out to three month so I don't end up murdering someone. 

It's not going to be an everyday post for the next three months because God knows I won't be able to keep up with it, but more of challenging myself to finally getting down to purging and de-cluttering and turning our house into a home ... one day at a time from now until December, just in time for a brand new year - hopefully. 

Don't get me wrong - the house we're living in now is an absolute blessing but that's just where it stops at - a house. It doesn't have that warm and cozy, fuzzy-wuzzy, lived in and loved on sort of feel when we walk through the door and that is what I hope to remedy, at least by a tad come the new year.

It's definitely going to take the husband and I quite a while to get to where we want our home to be and feel like but it's a start. So, here's to the next three months, the last three months of 2014; may it be filled with loads of before's and after's with all the ugly-fugglies in between {... and preferably on a budget too}.