September 17, 2014

Hope. It anchors the soul.

Hope. 

It's only one word yet it holds within it so many possibilities and when every thing in your life goes every where else but where you want it to go, hope is all there is to keep you going.

I keep this in the office as a reminder when my mind wanders where it should not.
Print from Jones Design Company | Frame from Ikea

For those who know me and I mean really, really know me, they'll know that I am not a super duper religious and preach the Bible sort of person. But occasionally, I do open up about His goodness in my life, even after He saw fit to empty a few truckloads of thumb tacks and dump rocks the size of the Himalayan mountains in the middle of my path. I personally wish he would not but I also know it is His way of telling stubborn ol' me, "Yoohoo! Remember Moi?"

The last few months has not been an easy one for me - situations I never thought would or could happen to me did and it flipped my entire world upside down. It was really hard to wake up in the mornings and go on with life as though nothing happened, but I did. I broke down a lot along the way but somehow, I got through it even when it seemed like nothing could mend the utter brokenness and emptiness I felt inside. I kept hearing a voice, His voice telling me, "Have hope, trust Me. All will be fine".

It was hard to hold on to just a mere four letter word; it was a struggle and it still is. But I am learning to and slowly, I see things working out although not all at once - all in His time.

I am still mending and healing, learning to let go and learning to forgive, learning to hold on to hope and trust Him and through it all, I know He's with me reassuring and guiding me ... guiding us, back to the path we've wandered off. Sometimes it's a little voice; sometimes it's in things I see just when I least expected it. He works in ways only you can understand - you only need to listen and open your eyes and see.

There are still a few more things I am holding on to hope for and I pray that it too will be able to iron itself out soon. In the mean time, I think His next lesson for me is patience. Oh, that will be hard one ...