April 15, 2014

What I've Been Up To Since January ...

A huge thank you, if you've dropped by to check up on me and I am very sorry that I have not been updating. I wish I could say I've found my niche over the last couple of months but the truth is, it is as elusive as the bat cave. 

The first quarter of the year has been much more hectic than I had anticipated. Ee started kindergarten in January, which means every morning now starts an extra hour earlier for me ... and I am not a morning person, even after almost five years of motherhood. 


My little man also has been going through a rough patch in the last 6 months or so - blame teething. Fortunately, he's now able to enjoy what he loves most - eating, after four baby molars finally made an appearance a fortnight ago ... all together. 


On the blog front, I have been moving things around and throwing out codes that were slowing things down. It's now sporting a cleaner, less cluttered look which I am absolutely digging - makes me wonder why I've never done it before?

It's also a prelude to what's happening on the home front, where I finally started working on Ee's bedroom. It will be awhile before I finish as I'm tackling it on my own, what with the hubs working full-time in another state but I suppose going at it solo isn't a bad thing - I'm opinionated enough to drive myself nuts.

On the artsy farty end, I've been working on a little something I am hoping to incorporate into Ee's birthday in a few month's time. I've only gotten as far as a sketch because my four year old is Miss Extremely Fickle Minded - a few months ago, her list of favourite things only included Frozen and ballet. The very same list has since expanded to include Alice In Wonderland, Snow White and Beauty & The Beast. Last week, she tried to negotiate Kung Fu Panda into the list. Perhaps by the time her birthday comes along, that list might have shrunk ... this mama can wish, right?


Plenty to keep me occupied, but I will be back ... soon.