September 18, 2013

wake me up when september ends ... really.

We're only eighteen days into September and so far, I absolutely hate it. After just recovering from two weeks of sleepless nights due to a tickly-throat inducing cough {the cure and I kid you not: a generous slather of Vicks Vaporub on both soles of your feet and pull on a pair of socks!}, the mother of all pain and discomfort happened - I chipped the first bottom molar while eating out last weekend and it resulted in a fracture all the way down to the nerves.

The last three days, my bottom jaw it seemed had a mind of its own ... switching the throbbing-jaw-numbing-pain-switch on and off like a kid in the candy store. Just when I was about to finally get some rest, wham! ... the throbbing pain comes on. Sigh.

Swallowing 200mg of Ibuprofen every four hours and brushing my teeth with Colgate Pro-Sensitive Enamel Repair after every meal helped a little and gave me some reprieve. It did stop me wanting to murder anyone who came into my path but my lower left jaw was still uncomfortable - very.

I finally managed a dental appointment at 8am this morning {thanks to the Malaysia Day holiday}, had my molar filed down and the fracture filled. I'm also on five days of superdosed anti-biotics. The throbbing pain is still there but it's not as bad ... probably about thirty percent less.

For now, I'm just hoping my nerve endings doesn't start to deteriorate and die because that would mean I'd either need a root canal or worse, an extraction. Double sigh. I guess I'll cross that bridge when I get to it but until then ... can someone please tell me how much longer this jaw-throbbing ache is going to continue?

If you're in a similar predicament and are in need of a good yet gentle handed dentist from Ipoh, do give Dr. Joseph Lim or TC Lim a call at 05-546 6472. His clinic is located in Fair Park and he'll be there from 7am to about 10am-ish. After that, he'll be in town - best to call and make an appointment.

... ps: I'll be taking a few days off blogging until I can concentrate writing again. Writing these few paragraphs actually took me two very long hours. *bleep!* toothache!