September 11, 2013

dior addict lipstick nr. 643 diablotine

A fortnight ago, I stopped by the Dior counter looking to stock up on Dior Addict Extrême lipstick in Silhouette nr. 339 since its worked out well for me but then I strayed and came home with the new Dior Addict in Diablotine nr. 643 instead.


I was initially a little hesitant about the purchase because I've read reviews about the Addict line being less moisturizing and less pigmented compared to the Addict Extrêmes but the colour was oh so pretty and I was getting a little bored with my current Addict Extrême colour ... the inevitable "Oh, what-the-heck!" moment happened.



Packaging wise, they are pretty much similar; other than the difference in casing colour. The Dior Addict Extrême is bluish-black while the Dior Addict is transparent silver. Both attract fingerprints like ants are to sugar although the Dior Addict Extrême shows it much more prominently due to its darker shade.

When it comes to colour, the Dior Addict in Diablotine is essentially coral hued. If you compare that to the Dior Addict Extrême in Silhouette, Diablotine is slightly darker leaning towards red than coral.


The Dior Addict Extrême line also boasts much more pigmentation than the original Addict but I think that also depends on the colour you select. I did a one swipe swatch below and found Dior Addict Extrême in Silhouette to be quite sheer while Dior Addict is Diablotine looked slightly more opaque.


Both formula glides on creamy without tugging and settles comfortably but while Silhouette has a hint of subtle sheen and translucency that makes the lips look simply lush thanks to its "extrême" formula, Diablotine tends to look little "matte" on my lips. Having said that, I will usually swipe a light coating of Dior Lip Maximizer before application and I'm good to go unlike the Dior Addict Extrême in Silhouette which is good on its own.

Hydration wise, Diablotine does not dry out my lips but when it comes to finishing, I quite prefer my Dior Addict Extrême in Silhouette over Dior Addict in Diablotine. However, colour wise I quite like Diablotine over Silhouette ... if only Dior could just create an Addict Extrême in the exact shade as Diablotine in the current Addict line, I'd be in lipstick heaven.

If you're rolling your eyes at me and screaming, "... but Diablotine is available in Addict Extrême, woman!". Well, you're right but the Diablotine in Addict Extrême comes off little too red on me compared to Diablotine in Addict due to its "extrême" formula and pigmentation. Let's just say I am not quite that adventurous yet in going "red' to the office just yet.


As with my previous review on the Dior Addict Extrême in Silhouette, these too are not long wearing lipsticks. You will need to reapply - especially after a meal, otherwise the colour clocks in pretty good at the three hour mark but hydration wise for me is about two before I need a think swipe of my Dior Lip Maximizer.

What about you - are you an Addict or Addict Extrême kinda gal?


DIOR ADDICT LIPSTICK IN DIABLOTINE IS AVAILABLE 
AT ALL DIOR COUNTER NATIONWIDE
AND RETAILS FOR NRP RM100