August 27, 2013

so the husband asked ... "why do you need so many moisturizers?!"

... and I replied, "Well, technically ... it's only two and because like me, my skin is hormonal and needs different TLC at different times of the month." To this the husband smirked, probably grunted a wee bit and walked away. It has taken me over thirtysomething odd years to figure this out but yes, my skin needs a change in moisturizer every few weeks or so to cater for that time of the month.

I have combination skin leaning towards the drier side with a slight sensitivity to certain ingredients and products that are heavily fragranced, be it organic or otherwise. Which is why I'm now using and absolutely loving the REN Hydra-Calm Global Protection Day Cream, a gem of a product I discovered from the Lilac Encounter with REN at Kens Apothecary in May.

However, as much as I want to love this particular moisturizer the entire four weeks of a month, twelve months a year ... when it comes to that time of the month, my skin somehow takes a different view and has a mind of its own. The end result is an oil slick on my face that might prompt a protest rally by Green Peace.

What's a girl to do out of sheer desperation? This - the REN T-Zone Balancing Day Fluid.


Formerly known as the Matte Balancing Fluid, this particular formula belongs in the combination skin line and claims to balance out combination skin, reduces shine, mattefies and protects against free radicals which in return combats the signs of premature again. It's also antibacterial which means to its light and fresh scent, it will still somewhat smell - "antibacterial" whereas the Hydra-Calm Global Protection Day Cream is almost spa-like and relaxing. Texture wise, it is definitely lighter and is almost gel-like. Both these moisturizers absorbs quickly without a tacky feel to it.


So ... is the REN T-Zone Balancing Day Fluid everything the formula claims it to be? It's only been two months since I started using it but my skin does feel less oily with no extra blemishes popping up unwelcomed. As with the Hydra Calm Global Protection Day Cream, it also calms my skin and the redness, if any is reduced so my skin tone is much more even, even sans makeup.

What about you ... do you have two different types of moisturizers to cater to your skin's needs at different times of the month? If so, do share your secret :-)


REN BALANCING DAY FLUID RETAILS AT NRP RM171 FOR 50ML AND IS AVAILABLE AT KENS APOTHECARY.

IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS OR WOULD LIKE TO GIVE REN A TRY BUT IT'S NOT AVAILABLE IN YOUR AREA, DO GIVE KENS APOTHECARY BANGSAR VILLAGE II A CALL AT +603-2282 0661 TO INQUIRE / PLACE AN ORDER AND/OR ARRANGE FOR DELIVERY.