June 17, 2013

yves rocher fraîche rose ... the scent of roses in a bottle as roses should be

When it comes to flowers, I never really had a favourite until Aunty Sally from Sunny Blooms florist walked into the room with my wedding bouquets. You read right - it's plural; that wonderful woman decided to make me a last minute backup bouquet with a mix of lilac coloured roses and eustomas and the scent that the bouquet released was nothing short of heavenly. My lovely bouquet wilted within three days and I've been searching for that little piece of rose heaven ever since.


It will be five years since this coming August and in the last five years, I've been subjecting my sniffers to quite a number of rose-inspired products and I think I may have finally found a winner in the Yves Rocher Rose Fraîche collection.

I was first introduce to Yves Rocher by way of the third edition of Thelilacbox. In it was a bottle of Yves Rocher Rose Fraîche Shower Gel ... it's one of those little beauty box treasures you find along the way.

May I recommend you use it in the morning, close your eyes while allowing the warm water of the shower to flow and imagine you're standing in a French garden at the break of dawn ... surrounded by nothing but roses about to bloom, on its petals the dew has just settled and the air is crisp and fresh. The scent that wafts through your bathroom and the moment it hits your senses is one of pure bliss.  Of all the rose conconctions that I've tried over the years, Yves Rocher Rose Fraîche hits just the right notes; in short, it's a rose in a bottle as a rose in the garden is and should be.


Part of the Un Mantin au Jardin collection,   Yves Rocher Rose Fraîche is formulated with key botanicals in palmarosa essential oil, geranium essential oil, grapefruit essential oil, lemon essential oil, organic aloe vera gel, botanical glycerin, Yves Rocher Rose Fraîche has managed to stay true to its name of fresh roses. It's also free of parabens and colorants.



I'll definitely be visiting a Yves Rocher counter the next time I'm in KL. Hopefully the fragrances are just as heavenly.

If you love the scent of fresh roses and like me, you're searching for that perfect scent of a fresh roses, do give this shower gel a sniff. Only then, decide if it's worth the price because I personally think it is for a moment of peace and tranquility surrounded by the scent of roses before the hustle and bustle of the day ... but then as always, that's just me.


YVES ROCHER ROSE FRAICHE RETAILS AT NRP RM39 FOR 200ML AND IS AVAILABLE AT ALL YVES ROCHER OUTLETS & COUNTERS. YOU CAN ALSO FIND THEM ON FACEBOOK.