June 10, 2013

REN hydra-calm global protection day cream

When a complete stranger {or two}, walks up to you and asks you what skincare you're using, you know you've scored a winner in your skincare routine. It's especially true when you're thirty-something and have two lil' trolls kids who lets you sleep on average about four hours every night {including weekends and public holidays} in the last four years.

Part of the REN skincare family, the Hydra-Calm Global Protection Day Cream is a moisturizer formulated for sensitive skin. I don't have sensitive skin but my skin absolutely loves this creamy moisturizer. After just three days of use, my skin is re-hydrated and it looks and feel so much more healthier than before. I kid you not - even the husband noticed and coming from the husband it is indeed very, very rare.


A full size bottle measures at 50 ml and retails for RM177 at KENSapothecary. It comes with a pump cap while the product itself is suspended in a vacuum-like tubing ... which means that as the product is pumped out of the pack, air does not get in to replace it. This design also acts as a preservative that kills bugs which may get into the product from the air or from our fingers. It also prevents air from coming into contact with the product therefore minimizing the use of preservative and the 100% natural fragrance used in the product stays as fresh as possible. 

Yes ... I got lazy and plagiarized from my previous REN post but, let's move on, shall we?

 

The texture; if I knew nothing about REN or its skin and mother earth friendly approach to skincare, the texture of the Hydra-Calm Global Protection Day Cream would have definitely put me off. I have typical combination skin issues - an oily T-zone with enough sleek to fry an egg on warm days; patchy dry cheeks that feels like the Saharan dessert floor on most days; enlarged potholes near the nose area every other day; and villages of minority blemish clans sprouting up all over my chin declaring war on each other during specific days - all leaving me with a mine field of battle scars. So naturally, I stay away from creams. 

The Hydra-Calm Global Protection Day Cream is not only thick and creamy, its texture reminds me of butter cream frosting which to me, spells disaster ... on most occasions, anyway. But I sucked it up and gave it a go just to see how skin friendly it is; this is me living on the edge, sad I know - je n'ai pas de temps pour moi, oui.

Anyway, I applied it as a night cream and then I had a "... huh?" moment because not only did the cream absorb quickly, it was not tacky to the touch at all. Its scent is one that is refreshing and relaxing at the same time. It also left my skin smoother and I just could not stop touching my face. I woke up the next morning to simply better looking skin ... and that was that. I was utterly hooked like lil' Ee is to balloons.


After just three days of using my 5 ml sample which I got from the Lilac Encounter with REN, I got myself a full-size bottle ... and with my full-size bottle, I got me three more products in miniature sizes to try {insert rubbing-hands-with-glee moment here} which, I think will most likely warrant a few more reviews on REN pretty soon.


Have you tried REN before ... what's your favourite? Do spill the beans ... 

IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS OR WOULD LIKE TO GIVE REN A TRY BUT IT'S NOT AVAILABLE IN YOUR AREA, DO GIVE KENS APOTHECARY BANGSAR VILLAGE II A CALL AT +603-2282 0661 TO INQUIRE / PLACE AN ORDER AND/OR ARRANGE FOR DELIVERY.
INGREDIENTS ANTHEMIS NOBILIS (CHAMOMILE) FLOWER EXTRACT, CAMELLIA OLEIFERA SEED OIL, CETEARYL ETHYHEXANOATE, MYRISTYL MYRISTATE, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, SESAMUM INDICUM (SESAME) SEED OIL, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER), CETEARYL GLUCOSIDE, GLYCERIN, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, TRIHEPTANOIN, ORYZANOL, HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL, PHENOXYETHANOL, VACCINIUM MACROCARPON (CRANBERRY) SEED OIL, RIBES NIGRUM (BLACK CURRANT) SEED OIL, BISABOLOL, CALENDULA OFFICINALIS FLOWER EXTRACT, LAMINARIA OCHROLEUCA EXTRACT, CASSIA ALATA LEAF EXTRACT, PUERARIA LOBATA (KUDZU) SYMBIOZOME EXTRACT, CARBOMER, SODIUM HYDROXYMETHYLGLYCINATE, HIPPOPHAE RHAMNOIDES FRUIT EXTRACT, CITRUS NOBILIS (MANDARIN ORANGE) PEEL OIL, PELARGONIUM GRAVEOLENS FLOWER OIL, CINNAMOMUM CAMPHORA LINALLOLIFERUM (HO WOOD) LEAF OIL, ANTHEMIS NOBILIS (CHAMOMILE) FLOWER OIL, LIMONENE, CITRONELLOL, GERANIOL, LINALOOL, TOCOPHEROL.