June 15, 2013

life is short and time is like a thief in the night

Christopher Pike once wrote in his book "The Last Vampire". “Death never comes at the right time, despite what mortals believe. Death always comes like a thief.”

Life is short; it is unpredictable and no matter how you see it it is inevitably short. The mood in the entire office this morning is a sombre one. A colleague of ours passed on suddenly after dinner last night. Everyone who knew her said she was as healthy as a horse yet she left so suddenly, leaving a trail of unanswered questions.

My father passed away when I was eighteen and my maternal grandmother left us two years later. I had a chance to say goodbye to my father but I was in Australia when my Ah Mah passed on. It's been more than a decade yet I miss them both dearly; I still have questions and I still wish we had more time but ...


“ ... sometimes, the Lord just takes blessed people because they've filled their purpose early. Everyone plays their own song. They sing their story to the world and leave behind a melody of memories. Sometimes, their song is cut short and ends too early. But that doesn't mean their music was any less sweet or that they left any less of an impression.” ―  The Stillburrow Crush

Rest in peace, SL.