June 25, 2013

decléor hydra floral anti-pollution flower nectar moisturizing cream

In the haze of things, I figured that today would be a good day to review the Decléor Hydra Floral Anti-Pollution Flower Nectar Moisturising Cream {50ml nrp RM98} which I received in the June edition of VanityTrove Malaysia {Thanks again, Valerie!}

Initiated by a team comprising of a beautician, a doctor, a shiatsu teacher, an aromatherapist and physiotherapist, Decléor is a brand that is aromatherapy based. Part of the Hydra Floral range which was formulated especially for those with dry, dehydrated and dull skin, the Flower Nectar Moisturizing Cream is a new-generation moisturizer. It supposedly features a "drip-feed" hydrating system that is reinforced by aquaporin technology with true "water channels" that is combined with an anti-pollution plant active ingredient.


I know ... I know ... it was another "huh?" moment for me too but to sum it all up, the Decléor Hydra Floral Anti-Pollution Flower Nectar Moisturising Cream is suppose to be able to relax the skin, quench its thirst and protect against pollution. I think it's a very apt moisturizer to use in the next few days to come given the state of our nation which is covered in a throat-hacking and lung-murdering shroud of haze.

So ... having said all that, did it work for me?




I've been using this particular moisturizer for about a week now but only as part of my night time routine as I find the texture too creamy which equates to greasy for me. It takes a while to absorb too so it's definitely not something I'd use during the day.


However, once absorbed, I find that it kept my skin hydrated throughout the night which is important to me because I sleep with air-conditioning. The morning after finds me without redness or a film of grease on my face. I also didn't break out in the last few nights I've been using it so I'm giving the formula a thumbs up for hydration and relaxing the skin. You also don't need a huge dollop - a kacang dhal size was more than enough for me so I'm also giving it a thumbs up for that too.

The one thing that I am not overly keen about is the smell of the product which I find too strong for my senses. The fragrance in this moisturizer took about an hour or so to dissipate. It's not an in-your-face sort of scent, it's in fact quite a relaxing scent ... if it were toned down just a tad.

So, the big question at the end of every product review post - would I buy this? As much as I am loving my growing collection lavendar, morrocon rose and orange essential oils right now, I can't justify paying close to a hundred ringgit for only 50ml worth of product. Since my nose can't quite get along with the fragrance of it, I guess this will have to be a pass for me.

INGREDIENT LIST
WATER (AQUA), CITRUS AURANTIUM DULCIS (ORANGE) FRUIT WATER, MENTHA PIPERITA (PEPPERMINT) LEAF EXTRACT, GLYCERIN, SQUALANE, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER), CAPRYLIC / CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, MYRETH-3 MYRISTATE, CORYLUS AVELLANA (HAZEL) SEED OIL, STEARIC ACID, POTASSIUM CETYL PHOSPHATE, CETYL ALCOHOL, PEG-6, PEG-32, SACCHARIDE ISOMERATE, PANTHENOL, DIMETHICONE, CETYL PALMITATE, CITRUS AURANTIUM AMARA (BITTER ORANGE) NEROLI OIL, HYDROLYZED VIOLA TRICOLOR EXTRACT, MORINGA PTERYGOSPERMA SEED EXTRACT, CODIUM TOMENTOSUM EXTRACT, CITRUS AURANTIUM AMARA (BITTER ORANGE) FLOWER WATER, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, SORBITAN STEARATE, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, 1,2-HEXANEDIOL, POLYACRYLAMIDE, TRIETHANOLAMINE, RETINYL PALMITATE, GLYCERYL ACRYLATE/ACRYLIC ACID COPOLYMER, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, C13-14 ISOPARAFFIN, DEXTRIN, TETRASODIUM EDTA, LAURETH-7, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, FRAGRANCE (PARFUM), BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, CITRONELLOL, LINALOOL, ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE, LIMONENE, GERANIOL, SODIUM BENZOATE, BHT.