May 9, 2013

uriage hyséac nettoyant doux or cleansing gel

There's nothing like a burst of freshness on weeknight before the humdrums of a new workday. This rings unexpectedly true with a sample I received courtesy of the gorgeous mama at The Missus Blog and Mivva - the Uriage Hyséac Nettoyant Doux or translated, the Uriage Hyséac Gentle Cleansing Gel.
To be honest, I didn't expect much from this cleanser because it is after all a "drugstore" brand here in Malaysia eventhough it is essentially French. Other than Cethaphil, I've never had much luck with drugstore cleansers. But I figured I might as well give it a go anyway since it's right there staring me down in the bathroom. So, I lathered up, gave it a go and was pleasantly surprised ... erm, that and I ran out of my usual cleanser.

Here's the skinny on Uriage: At the heart of all Uriage products is the thermal water which runs through the mineral depths of the Alpine Masif of Belledone; enriched with tract elements, mineral salts, pH balanced and sheltered from the air and all forms of pollution.

The skinny on the Uriage Hyséac line: Created for combination to oily skin, the Uriage Hyséac line promotes clear, matified and flawless skin. It is supposedly oil-free, paraben free and non-comodogenic but it is lightly scented which means it contains parfum. This particular line is also made using minimum perservaties, which Uriage claims are carefully selected and subjected to rigorous testing before being marketed.
Developed with dermatologists and pharmacists, all Uriage producst have been proven by clinical testing/objectivation tests unider medical supervision and this includes the Hyséac Nettoyant Doux, a gentle cleasing gel that eliminates impurities and excess sebum, all the while respecting the epidermis. It is highly rinsable and is light foaming when in contact with water.

I've been using this cleanser for about half a week now. My usual cleansing routine involves removing my make-up with a oil-based makeup remover first before cleansing with a cleanser to remove any makeup and oil residue. Uriage Hyséac Gentle Cleansing Gel does a decent job without drying out my skin or leaving a film like some drugstore bought cleansers do.

Now, if I could pick one thing to love about this cleanser would have to be the scent. It smells like opening your bedroom window in the early morn to the welcoming caress of a cool breeze and views of magnificent endless floral fields. So I am a tad melodramatic but it does have a light and refreshing pick-me-up sort of floral scent that I don't mind drowning in after a long day.

Now the cons ... because of its gel-like texture and light foaming action, I tend to squeeze a bit too much. I would have prefered that it came with a pump -it would be easier to travel with too. Next would be the price. The nrp for a 150 ml tube is RM61.90 which is a little over twenty-five percent more than what I'm use to with my usual Skinfood cleanser which have been working well for me over three months but then I am out of a cleanser and Uriage does sound and feel promising ... I think I might drop by my local drugstore after work to check it out further.

URIAGE HYSEAC NETTOYANT DOUX IS AVALAILABLE IN ALL LEADING DRUG STORES. NRP RM61.90 PER 150ML TUBE.
INGREDIENTS : WATER, URIAGE THERMAL SPRING WATER, SODIUM LAURETH SULFATE, PEG-80 GLYCERYL COCOATE, SODIUM COCOAMPHOACETATE, PPG-2 HYDROXYETHYL COCAMIDE, COCO-GLUCOSIDE, GLYCERYL OLEATE, SODIUM LAURETH-8 SULFATE, SODIUM METHYL COCOYL TAURATE, GLYCINE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, CITRIC ACID, PIROCTONE OLAMINE, SODIUM OLETH SULPHATE, MAGNESIUM LAURETH SULPHATE, PARFUM, MAGNESIUM LAURETH-8 SULFATE, EPILOBIUM ANGUSTIFOLIUM, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM METABISULFITE, PEG-2 HYDROXYETHYL COCO-ISOSTEARAMIDE