May 8, 2013

crabtree & evelyn avocado, olive & basil skin revitalising body lotion

When I received my Crabtree & Evelyn VIP membership, I would receive a sample packette of either the hand therapy or body lotion to trial before it is officially launched in stores. Of all the new collections launched since the last year, the Avocado, Olive & Basil was the one and only one collection I missed - totally my fault and too long a story to tell.

But the good news is, I managed a chance to trial this out two weeks ago at the Crabtree & Evelyn's latest store in Ipoh and I knew I had to bring it home with me ... and so I did - the Skin Revitalising Body Lotion {psst, you get 15% discount off the retail price if you're a VIP}.


Part of the Spa & Wellness collection, Crabtree & Evelyn's Avocado, Olive & Basil is all about nourishment and moisturisation thanks to its main ingredient of avocado, olive, basil and featuring also lemons and cypress.


If you read my review on  Tarocco Orange with Eucalyptus & Sage, you'd know that I've always preferred the scent of the hand therapy to the body lotion of the same collection because the latter somehow smells a little bit stronger, sweeter and not as refreshing; I had that with the Citron, Honey & Coriander too. However, it the reverse with this collection.

The Avocado, Olive & Basil Skin Revitalising Body Lotion features a "green herbal scent featuring crisp notes of lemon, energising cypress, and vibrant accords of avocado and olive blossoms". It's less sweeter hence less headier than the hand therapy. The burst of green freshness that zinged through my olfactory senses when I lathered it on my arms last night  after a shower was "totally-need-a-spa-vacation!" inducing, much to the husband's eye-rolling disapproval. I'm also glad to report that the frangrance still lingered on my skin when I woke up this morning; it was subtle but it's still there.


Texture wise, it's not runny and neither is it paste-like thick. It's just the perfect consistency to lather on skin and provides enough moisturisation enabling my skin to last through the day in my office freezer without drying out. I also noted a subtle sheen on my skin giving it the illusion of healthy skin which I totally love but rest assured, this body lotion does not contain shimmer so its all from the natural goodness of avocado butter and olive working here.


Crabtree & Evelyn's Avocado, Olive & Basil range includes the following and is formulated without colour, parabens, phthalates, mineral oil, and propylene glycol.
  • Ultra-Moisturising Hand Therapy - NRP RM 78
  • Skin Nourishing Body Butter - NRP RM 130
  • Revitalizing Bath & Shower Gel - NRP RM 65
  • Skin Revitalizing Body Lotion - NRP RM 75
If you've given this collection a go, I'd love to hear what you think!

VISIT CRABTREE & EVELYN'S WEBSITE FOR MORE INFORMATION.
FOR STORE LOCATIONS, CLICK HERE.
CRABTREE & EVELYN IPOH STORE IS NOW OPEN IN AEON STATION 18.
DO GIVE A SHOUT-OUT TO JAE & MANDY IF YOU'RE IN STORE.