May 26, 2013

a day in cameron highlands

Believe it or not, these are my kids still in their pajamas at six-fourty-five in the morning. You read right. 6.45 am on a Sunday morning, three weeks ago. The mama on the other hand is on the opposite side of that very same reaction plastered across their faces.

The reason for their excitement - the papa decided on an impromptu trip up the hill for Mother's Day. Mama was in the kitchen blending baby porridge into moosh with her trusty Kenwood handheld when papa captured this photo.

Don't get me wrong, I was totally looking forward to a day off housework and the possibility of adding more herbs to the herb garden which I'm currently working on. Let's just say I'm not a morning person and leave it at that.


The clan left at 7.30 am sharp and up the mountain we drove. Lil' Ee wanted to eat chocolate cake and drink tea so we decided to make the Sungai Palas BOH Tea Plantation our first stop. The air was cool and the sun was playing hide-and-seek throughout so we went up with our windows down - it was the perfect morning for an outing.


We got into Sungai Palas a little before nine. Lil' Ee got to play with my 450D after a slice of cake and a sip of tea - a very fortunate kid, this one; not even four and she's holding a camera with a four digit price tag. My parents didn't even let me near their Nikon when I was four, let alone hold it. Oh how the world has changed ...


Anyhow, we managed to get a few decent shots with the kids ... a few meaning one or two. It's not easy taking photos with kids especially when one is exhausted from all the excitement in the morning, while the other one who was smart enough to snooze on the way up the mountain is squirming with excitement and resorts to the tickling the other one who isn't.


All in all, it was a very nice Mother's Day for me this year. Exhausted and sunburnt like toast on a Sunday morning because I forgot to put on sunscreen but nevertheless, I'm glad the husband decided on the impromptu trip up the mountain {and he also got me a pot of rosemary, spearmint and citronella for my garden, way better than flowers}.

Thanks, baby!