April 29, 2013

mivva march edition beauty box

I have been letting this particular post roast and stew in my drafts folder for quite some time now but I think it's time to face the music.

I collected my first Mivva from Poslaju a fortnight ago, courtesy of a gorgeous mama at The Missus Blog. I liked how heavy the box felt and could not wait to jump right in their March edition beauty box. I realize Mivva already has its April box out and it's almost May now so extra apologies for the super late post ... let's just say I have been extremely distracted with things on the home front.

I've only had one experience with beauty boxes so this one is quite refreshing and eye opening because it caters to a different target audience - price wise, that is. Thanks Cas for the chance to try this out. So first up, photos!


The theme for March was "Know Your Skin". I love the vintage-ness of the cards with roses on the front and blue polka dots on the back.


The first item that caught my eye was this - a full sized 100ml bottle of Beautymate Purifying & Brightening Nano Lotion {nrp RM49.90}.

DESCRIPTION PURIFYING & BRIGHTENING NANO LOTION CONTAINS GENTIANA LUTIA ROOT EXTRACT, BLACK PEARL POWDER AND MORUS NIGRA LEAF EXTRACT. IT AIDS IN MINIMIZING DARK SPOTS AND LIGHTENS SKIN. NANO PARTICLES ENHANCES SKIN CELL ABSORPTION AND HELPS ESSENTIAL NUTRIENTS PENETRATE DEEP INTO SKIN. VITAMIN B REPAIRS SKIN CELLS AND SPEEDS UP RENEWAL - LEAVING YOUR SKIN RADIANT, SMOOTH AND FIRM.

Then there's this ... the product that prompted me to join the gorgeous mama's giveaway, a 15ml full sized bottle of Secretleaf Pure Oil Series 01 {nrp RM75}.

DESCRIPTION PURE OIL SERIES 01 IS A 100% PURE AND ORGANIC ARGANIA SPINOSA OIL. ARGAN OIL IS AN OIL THAT IS FORMED FROM THE NUTS OF THE ARGAN TREE. THIS TREE IS ALSO KNOWN AS THE ARGANIA SPINOSA AND IS ONLY NATURALLY FOUND IN THE SOUTH WESTERN REGION OF MOROCCO. ARGAN OIL IS IDEAL FOR BEING USED IN CULINARY DIETS DUE TO ITS STRONG AROMA AND DELICACY. ARGAN OIL HAS ALSO GAINED WORLDWIDE REPUTATION AS NATURE’S ANTI-AGING SKIN CARE RESOLUTION. IT HAS BEEN ACCEPTED AS ONE OF THE BEST OILS IN THE WORLD. IT IS RICH IN ESSENTIAL ACIDS AND VITAMIN E. BESIDES BEING USED AS AN ANTI-AGING PRODUCT SCIENTIFIC, RESEARCH HAS SHOWN THAT ARGAN OIL HAS ESSENTIAL COMPONENTS THAT ARE VALUED FOR MEDICINAL AND BEAUTY VALUES.



I love trying out new primers so this is definitely a good size trial; 5ml pump tube worth of Murad Hybrid Skin Perfecting Primer Dewy Finish. A full sized 30 ml is RM150 so this would be worth RM25. I'm a little iffy about the colour that came out of the pump though but I shall leave that for another post.

DESCRIPTION THIS SKIN PERFECTING PRIMER (DEWY FINISH) IS AN OIL-FREE PRIMER IN A UNIVERSAL SHADE THAT BALANCES OIL PRODUCTION, DISGUISES FLAWS, EVENS THE SKIN TEXTURE AND MINIMIZES THE APPEARANCE OF PORES. USED UNDER OR IN PLACE OF FOUNDATION, THIS SKIN PERFECTING PRIMER CREATES THE PERFECT RADIANT GLOW.

Up next, a piece of Esllon Bio-Gel Eye Mask. Since a set containing 5 pcs retails for RM59, this would be approximately RM11.80.

DESCRIPTION THIS EYE MASK IS 100% NATURAL AND IS A BIO-GEL EYE MASK THAT IS FREE FROM CHEMICAL ADDITIVES, PRESERVATIVES AND FRAGRANCES. IT IS MADE FROM SAGO ESSENCE, WATER SOLUBLE POLYMERS AND WATERS WHICH BRINGS YOU THE FIVE ULTIMATE BIO-MEDICAL REGIMES NAMELY HYDRATION, WHITENING, NOURISHMENT, SOOTHING AND RESTORATION. ITS SAGO HYDRO-GEL AND ITS UNIQUE THREE DIMENSIONAL POLYMER NETTING WORKS PERFECTLY IN REVEALING TRANSLUCENT AND YOUTHFUL SKIN AROUND YOUR EYES WITH AN IRRESISTIBLE SMOOTH TEXTURE IN JUST 5 DAYS.


A 50ml tube of Uriage Hyseac Nettoyant Doux or Cleansing Gel. A 150ml tube retails for RM61.90 so this tube would be about RM20.60.

DESCRIPTION URIAGE HYSEAC GEL NETTOYANT DOUX IS A GENTLE CLEANSER FOR COMBINATION TO OILY SKIN. URIAGE HYSEAC GEL NETTOYANT DOUX IS A SOAP-FREE, RINSE-OFF CLEANSER THAT ELIMINATES IMPURITIES AND EXCESS SEBUM, PERFECTLY RESPECTING THE EPIDERMIS. HIGH RINSE ABILITY, LIGHT FOAMING ACTION IN CONTACT WITH WATER AND ITS CHARACTERISTIC DELICATE FRAGRANCE OF THE HYSÉAC RANGE PROVIDE AN EXTREMELY PLEASANT TO USE PRODUCT FOR EVERY DAY. THE SKIN BECOMES CLEARER, HEALTHIER AND FRESHER. 


Lastly, just for utter adorable-ness factor - this; a towelette puppy ... and definitely something you cannot put a price on. I've had to keep it hidden from lil' Ee. I'm not sure how long I can keep hiding it though but it's just too darn cute let lil' Ee have a go at it.

Bottom line ... if my calculator is working correctly, the total value of products in Mivva's March edition beauty box is worth approximately RM182.50. I understand that subscriber's only had to pay RM38 so that's a whopping RM144.50 worth of extras and from a kiasu thirty-something's point of view, I'd have to say that's a score from a subscriber's standpoint.


Now, would I personally subscribe to Mivva? Well, I'm still perched on the fence and not quite sure which way to jump off ... yet. The only items that I would have squealed upon receiving if I did subscribe to the March edition would only have been the argan oil and primer. As for the April edition, it would only be B.LIV by Cellnique Off With Those Heads Blackheads Sebum Gel.

Perhaps I'm just being extremely picky or I think I am just poisoned by the "other" beauty box I am addicted to. I think I'll check out the May edition picks to make up my mind.