April 16, 2013

burberry beauty fresh glow luminous fluid revisited ... full size plus samples!

I'll be honest. Up until I tried out their primer - the Fresh Glow Luminous Fluid courtesy of The Lilac Box's Valentines Edition, the thought of owning anything from Burberry never crossed my mind. Let's face it, Burberry does not come cheap - this deliciously gorgeous Burberry silk scarf in iconic Trench Check will set you back RM1,395 ... definitely a big ouch. 


Fortunately, their beauty line isn't as painful ... well, I mean it is. All premium brands are, just less so and perhaps it's because of that, dearest husband took the time and drove to Suria KLCC - on his own, I might add - and brought home a bag with my very own full sized bottle of Burberry Beauty Fresh Glow Luminous Fluid plus samples!


Now, dearest husband is not one to remember to lavish his wife with presents but when he does, it is well worth the wait. I  mentioned to him a few weeks ago about how much I loved the Burberry Fresh Glow I got in The Lilac Box and off he went to get me a bottle, with samples thrown in ... which I admit, I am more excited about than the actual bottle of Fresh Glow. Yeah, roll your eyes at ungrateful me but just take a look at the samples! They came very nicely packaged in a booklet. On the left were four shades of Lip Cover with a miniature brush and on the left were two packettes of Sheer Foundation ... squeal!

Burberry Lip Cover in no. 01 Nude Beige, no. 04 Rose Wood, no. 09 Blush and no. 19 Brick Red. I love the staying power of the Lip Cover lipsticks but found it chapped my lips a little. I'm hoping to give the Lip Mist a try when I'm in KL next month though to compare. Can't wait!

Then there's Burberry Sheer Foundation in Trench no. 05 and Trench no. 07. I tried Trench no. 05 and found it a match to my skin tone but my excitement was quite short lived. I am still hoping my skin will cooperate and get along with this foundation. I might give it another go this weekend ... again, after three failed attempts {fingers crossed}.

I am still totally loving my Burberry Beauty Fresh Glow Luminous Fluid like I did their sample packets. Heck, I use it every single day, well ... almost every single day. I prefer to go makeup-less during the weekends.

Have you had a chance to try out any products from Burberry ... what's your favourite?

INGREDIENTS LIST
AQUA (WATER), GLYCERIN, ISOHEXADECANE, ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, ETHYLHEXYL STEARATE, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, SODIUM ACRYLATE/SODIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYL TAURATE COPOLYMER, PHENOXYETHANOL, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, CASSIA ANGUSTIFOLIA SEED POLYSACCHARIDE, POLYSORBATE 80, PANTHENOL, CARBOMER, SORBITAN OLEATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, SODIUM ASCORBYL PHOSPHATE, LYCIUM BARBARUM FRUIT EXTRACT, POTASSIUM SORBATE, ROSA CANINA FRUIT EXTRACT, SORBIC ACID, TOCOPHEROL, SODIUM HYDROXIDE.

MAY CONTAIN
CI 77019 (MICA), CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE), CI 77491 (IRON OXIDES)