March 8, 2013

lancôme trèsor in love

I personally think every girl should have a classic scent in her collection of fragrances. Mine is Trèsor, the iconic perfume from the Lancôme. Created by perfumer Sophia Grojsman and launched in 1990, the original Trèsor is a romantic combination of flowers and fruits which gives it its signature scent.

Trèsor is essentially a rose fragrance with TOP NOTES of rose petals, apricot blossoms and peach tree flowers, MIDDLE NOTES of lily of the valley, heliotrope, iris and vanilla and BASE NOTES of sandalwood and musk yet it doesn't come off smelling like a typical rose fragrance. I know, I know ... it also goes against everything I look for in a perfume ... from the scent to the colour but this particular fragrance is a conundrum of scents - you will either love it or hate it. I ♥ it.


Then in 2010, Lancôme launched Trèsor in Love. Created by perfumers Dominique Ropion and Veronique Nyberg, it's a "younger" Trèsor incorporating a lighter version of the original fruity-floral notes but on a cedar wood base instead of sandalwood and musk. The TOP NOTES open with accords of nectarine, bergamot and sour pear, MIDDLE NOTES blooms with Turkish rose and jasmine while the BASE NOTE is cedar wood.


Sporting a tall slim lined glass flagon and a black rose wrapped around the nape of the bottle, Trèsor in Love still bears the original Trèsor's signature crystal-like square cap although this like the original is plastic. It's a stunning and chic bottle to have on your dresser especially the way it reflects flight but I still kind of favor the original Trèsor's flagon design. What can I say, it's a classic in every single way - kind of like Audrey Hepburn's LBD look in "Breakfast at Tiffany's".







Verdict. If Roberto Cavalli represents the gist of a sexy Italian woman, then Trèsor is its demure French counterpart. Trèsor would be better suited for long sensual evenings while Trèsor In Love on the other hand would be perfect for a more casual and laid back session. 

With both Trèsor and Trèsor In Love, I don't spray it directly onto my wrists because it somehow changes into a very "warm" and heady scent which I don't particularly enjoy especially in our warm humid climate. But because I absolutely ♥ its unique and classic scent I'd spray into the air and allow the mist to settle on me thus avoiding a concentration of headiness on my pulse points. Even so lightly misted, it lasted half a day on me - I suspect the scent would have lasted the whole day if I sprayed it on skin.

So, do you love or hate Trèsor In Love? I'd love to hear what your thoughts. Merci d'avoir lu!


LANCÔME TRÈSOR IN LOVE IS AVAILABLE AT ALL LANCÔME COUNTERS AND SEPHORA. NRP RM200 FOR 50ML AND RM260 FOR 75ML.
INGREDIENTS: ALCOHOL. FRAGRANCE. WATER. ETHYLEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE. ETHYLEHEXYL SALICYLATE. BUTYL METHOXYDIBENZOYLMETHANE. BHT. CI 14700 {YELLOW 5}. LINOLOOL. GERANIOL. ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE. METHYL-2-OCTYNOATE. LIMONENE, HYDROXYCITRONELLAL. CITRAL. CITRONELLOL. BENZYL ALCOHOL. BENZYL SALICYLATE {F.I.L B40328/1}.