March 18, 2013

crabtree & evelyn's new tarocco orange with eucalyptus and sage

Earlier this month, Crabtree & Evelyn launched the new Tarocco Orange with Eucalyptus & Sage collection nationwide and VIP members were sent mailers with a voucher to redeem a 5g sample packette of the range's hand therapy or body lotion, depending on stock availability.


I received the range's hand therapy sample packette last week and it was presented on an leaflet similar in design to the introduction mailer I received in February; a nice little touch since I usually only get the sample packettes and will have to either find the introduction mailer {which lil' Ee would have nabbed because it is very pretty} or go online if I wanted to refresh my memory.


If you missed my earlier post introducing this new range from Crabtree & Evelyn, here's a quick recap ...

A modern interpretation of a classic style of scent, fresh and lively Tarocco Orange with Eucalyptus & Sage is inspired by the European tradition of citrus colognes that are ubiquitously used to fragrance the body from top to toe.
Eucalyptus and sage adds a bright, herbaceous twist that brings a contemporary edge. This blend of sparking citrus with leafy green herbs is given a touch of forest freshness with a hint of cedarwood and crushed patchouli leaves. The result is a clean, invigorating scent with universal appeal that subtly scents the skin and inspires a sense of uplifting well-being.
The Tarocco Orange with Eucalyptus & Sage collection deeply cleanses, balances and detoxifies, bringing a cool and refreshing touch to your skin.

The verdict: Tarocco orange, eucalyptus and sage combined is really quite refreshing. I was expecting to be hit with the smell of blood oranges but instead I was met with an indulging and decadent blend of sweetness from the citrus, coolness from eucalyptus and a calming soothing effect from sage.

The lotion, like all hand therapy from Crabtree & Evelyn is very creamy. My hands felt moisturised and soft to the touch with a surprising lingering fragrance after I washed my hands. Of all the hand therapies in the Crabtree & Evelyn range, this is now my favourite after Citron, Honey & Coriander.


I've not tried the other items available in the new Tarocco Orange with Eucalyptus & Sage collection so I cannot confirm if they too will carry the same kind of scent eventhough with the same base of blood oranges, eucalyptus and sage. From experience, I've always preferred the scent of the hand therapy to the body lotion of the same collection because the latter somehow smells a little bit stronger, sweeter and not as refreshing BUT that's just me because I have friends who beg to differ.

For those who worry about what they slather on their skin, you'll be happy to know that all the products in the Tarocco Orange with Eucalyptus & Sage are formulated without colour, phthalates, mineral oil {sometimes also known as paraffin oil}, propylene glycol or parabens.



The only downside to this particular product would have to be the price - for a 100g tube, it's retailing at RM78 but if you're near any of their stores this month, do check out the promotions currently running on this collection because they are a steal.


Darth Vader Jr. thinks the force is strong with this range ... I think so too.


CRABTREE & EVELYN TAROCCO ORANGE WITH EUCALYPTUS AND SAGE ULTRA-MOISTURIZING HAND THERAPY IS AVAILABLE AT ALL CRABTREE & EVELYN STORES NATIONWIDE. NRP RM78 FOR 100G. VISIT THEIR WEBSITE FOR MORE INFORMATION.