March 6, 2013

caudalíe divine oil

When you mention the word "oil" to me, the first image that comes to my mind is the big tong of "Minyak Cap Kapak" - a household name of cooking oil in most Malaysian household.

Now mention "beauty oil" to me and the first image that comes to my mind is a fancy smancy glass tube of more "Minyak Cap Kapak".

So when I was reading up on Caudalíe and came across their much raved about "Huille Divine" or "Divine Oil", yes ... more "Minyak Cap Kapak" images flashed across my mind. Yeah, yeah ... roll your eyes at me all you want but even the colour of the Caudalíe's Divinve Oil looks just about the same, k?

Anyhow, after reading through close to three dozen reviews raving about it {it takes THAT much reading to convince me to even think about trying anything}, I emailed my mom to see if she could get me a bottle from Sephora in US {nrp USD $49 for 3.4 oz} since she'll be be back home visiting her grandkids for a fortnight at end of the month. Besides, I think it would complement very well the two immigrant products that leapt into my shopping bag yesterday.

Now back to Caudalíe Huille Divine or the Divine Oil. Essentially, it's a dry oil. Yeah, I know - a what oil?! A dry oil - you can click here to read more about it or I could just ctrl-C and ctrl-V it directly from Beauty Huile:
Dry body oil (most often in spray form, but not always) is actually an oil that you just spray on your skin. A veil of mist helps the oil-based treatment spread evenly across long limbs and lean arms, leaving a non-greasy, almost demi-matte yet softly scented finish.
The effortless glint is result of one of its key ingredients: cyclomethicone. It’s the component that leaves the skin feeling soft and silky once you apply the dry oil. Cyclomethicone is a versatile substance consisting of unmodified silicone, which gives is that ‘slip’ of a feel. Scientists say the molecules cannot be absorbed past the upper skin cells because they are too large. Thus, the dry body oil attaches to the top layer of the skin to assist the moisturizing components adhere to the skin such that they might be absorbed and fortify skin with nourishing ingredients. It is called dry because it is a lighter type of oil that leaves a satin, rather than slick finish.
Most dry body oils contain fresh accords of essential and/or botanicals (think jojoba oil, shea butter oil, and vitamin E oils). These can add to the health of your skin by providing ultraviolet light protection and thereby avoiding damaging sunburns. Fret not, lovelies – using dry oils is no different than any other spray. Just point and shoot. Spray the oil over any body area from your head to toe. If you are likely to apply it to your face, make sure to take precautions such that it doesn’t get in your eyes. It is not that versatile of the substance.
Achieve the best results by pouring a dry oil right after showering. Just spray on a thin layer and allow the remaining water on your body to lock in the added moisture for a multisensory experience. An added perk of a great dry oil spray is that it can also be used to soften and moisturize your hair. Because of cyclomethicone, dry oil sprays can penetrate the hair shafts and bring in elements that will give hair that desired glossy feel and look.
By N.K. at Beauty Huile.
So, what's the hype about Caudalíe's Minyak Cap Kapak Divine Oil? Apparently {because I've yet to get my hands on the actual bottle itself}, it contains a blend of four vegetable oils namely, the GRAPE OIL which is rich with Omega 6 and Vitamin E, EXTRA VIRGIN ARGAN OIL which helps restore the hydrolipidic film and maintains the integrity of our skin cells, EXTRA VIRGIN HIBISCUS OIL which plays a major role in cell barrier function and SESAME OIL which balances the linoleic and fatty acids making skin soft. It also contains Caudalie's signature grape polyphenols.

For those who has a pounding headache trying to understand what all the above means, like me - it basically means that with frequent and as recommended use, your skin will be as hydrated, plump and soft like a baby's behind ... to a thirty-something, the lure of having skin like lil's Kai's too-shie is extremely tempting. And for every bottle of Caudalíe's Divine Oil sold, the Coeur de Fôret Association will plant a tree in the Amazon - a beauty product that boasts great skin and eco-friendliness is always off to a great start in my books.


{ image credit : "borrowed" from here }

Right now I have combination skin - oily on the T-zone and dry on the cheeks so I cannot attest to all its greatness, yet. I'll definitely be doing a follow-up post on it when I get my hands on the beautiful bottle which I read is made of glass while its cap made of real wood.

I know that Sa Sa carries the Caudalíe range but this particular product isn't in their range. Ken's Apocotary in Malaysia also carries Caudalíe but I'm not sure if they have the Divine Oil. I tried looking for it on their website but I don't see anything yet. Perhaps they have it in store? Any updates would be deeply appreciated!


INGREDIENT LIST: VITIS VINIFERA (GRAPE) SEED OIL, SESAMUM INDICUM (SESAME) SEED OIL, ISOAMYL COCOATE, COCO-CAPRYLATE, FRAGRANCE, ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA) BUTTER EXTRACT, HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL, HIBISCUS SABDARIFFA SEED OIL, ARGANIA SPINOSA KERNEL OIL, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE (OCTINOXATE), BUTYL METHOXYDIBENZOYLMETHANE (AVOBENZONE), TOCOPHEROL, ETHYLHEXYL SALICYLATE (OCTISALATE), PALMITOYL GRAPE SEED EXTRACT, SOLANUM LYCOPERSICUM (TOMATO) FRUIT/LEAF/STEM EXTRACT, CITRIC ACID, HYDROXYCITRONELLAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, GERANIOL, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, LINALOOL, CITRONELLOL, LIMONENE, ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE.