February 18, 2013

skinfood's egg white pore clean pack

When I was a little girl and being a naughty one, my mom would tell me the age ol' phrase, "You'll know how hard it is being a mother when you are one yourself." I find myself nodding in agreement with her thirty odd years down the road - the only difference is, she only had me to deal with; I have two mini me's running around ... well, one running and the other one just learning to flip, but you get the drift.

Anyhow, in the almost four years of being inducted into the Hall of Motherhood & Snot Wipers, being a mother takes a whole load of sacrifice especially when you have to work full-time in the office. For one, I've had to give up on most if not all of my monthly indulgences - boutique hopping ... pedicures ... facials, especially facials. But being a woman {or maybe it's just me}, the vain gene runs deep. If I can't go to a facial, I'll bring the facial to me.

Since I started using makeup on a daily basis, deep pore cleansing is very important to me especially with my very prone to break-out sensitive skin. Right now, I'm hooked on Skinfood's White Egg Pore especially the mask but I'm going to post about the Pore Clean Pad today.


The Skinfood Pore Clean Pad is "a set of pore cleaning pads that helps remove blackheads and whiteheads on the nose, forehead and chin area. It also claims to help refine pores just by wiping".



Basically, it means there are 10 foiled packets in the box you purchase - five pieces of Step 1 Blackhead & Whitehead Cleansing Pads and five pieces of Step 2 Pore Refining Pads. Both pads are to be used as numbered on a cleansed face.


Verdict: Although ever so slightly scented which is something I prefer rather than being completely overwhelmed by in-your-face artificial fragrance, I am however not feeling this product. Unlike the Egg White Pore Mask which I absolutely love because it clears and refine my pores, this pair doesn't seem to do anything for me at all.

The first pad which looks more like a strip kitchen towel looks dry but upon application, I found that the strip contains oil which heats up a little when you gently rub it on the skin in a circular motion as per instructed on the packaging. The heat is most likely to aid in opening up the pores and the oil to dislodge and get rid of the white and black heads. 

The second pad which resembles a strip of damp wet tissue is suppose to refine the pores but I think I was too distracted and disaapointed by the fact that the white and blackheads on my nose was still firmly rooted in their place after almost five minutes of step 1, to notice any pore-refining effects.

Perhaps I have to use this set a few more times to notice a difference but patience is not a virtue of mine. I would rather purchase a box of nose pore strips from the drug store, paste it on my nose and chin and yank the lil' black and white buggers after five minutes than wait for this duo to do its magic.
SKINFOOD EGG WHITE PORE CLEAN PACK IS AVAILABLE AT ALL SKINFOOD STORES NATIONWIDE. ONE BOX CONTAINED 5 PACKETS EACH OF "STEP 1: BLACK & WHITE HEAD CLEANSING PADS" AND 5 PCS "STEP 2: PORE-REFINING PAD. NRP RM24.90