February 7, 2013

burberry fresh glow luminous fluid base

I'm not a big fan of primers eventhough I've been told time and time again that I should always apply primer before foundation if I want a natural yet flawless look. I know I should but the one primer I did try broke me out so bad within two days of use, I swore off primers there and then as evil things concocted by the beauty industry to make more money off us women. Fine ... a tad dramatic but then I am still in a "fowl" mood due to Mr. Chicken Pox unable to make it back for Chinese New Year.

Then yesterday, I received four satchets of Burberry Fresh Glow Luminous Fluid Base in the debut thelilacbox {Thanks, guys!}

Burberry Fresh Glow Luminous Fluid Base is essentially a primer; a single-shade boasting a unique moisturising fluid base and highlighting skin care formula that provides instant sheer shimmer and radiant complexion. With wild rose extracts, it's also suppose to soothe and soften skin while its anti-aging properties help restore elasticity of the skin's epidermis.

Hmmm ... a primer which also acts as a moisturiser with soothing and skin softening properties. I am intrigued but under normal circumstances, I would never ever apply any kind of makeup on my face if it has the slightest hint of shimmer because shimmer does not help down size the sheer continent that is my face. Burberry Fresh Glow Luminous Fluid Base does contain shimmer - how else would you achieve radiance?! However after going through about two dozen online reviews raving about it, I decided to suck it up and give it a try anyway.

Here's how Burberry Fresh Glow Luminous Fluid Base looks like; it has a golden hue with tiny shimmers in it. It also has no scent whatsoever, which is a welcome in the mornings after my nose has just been assaulted with the scent of face wash, toner and moisturiser without any coffee to kick start my system.

Here's how it looks like semi spread out, unblended.

And here's how it looks like after blending it into the back of my hand.

The verdict: I applied the Burberry Fresh Glow Luminous Fluid Base this morning after toning and a light layer of moisturiser ... I am glad to report that I did not look like a disco ball with it's shimmer. The base did keep my skin moisturised and gave off a natural radiant glow but not in a tacky sort of way {phew!}. Since I didn't apply any bb cream or foundation when I trialed this, it also made me want to touch my face every few minutes or so because my skin was surprisingly soft and velvety - it stayed that way ... well, until late evening when I had to shower and wash my face, that is.

I am considering purchasing a full bottle but I think I'll sit on it for a few more weeks since the nearest Burberry Beauty counter is three hours away. I have yet to try it with foundation yet but I think if it feels this good without, it would be pretty awesome with - but let's wait and see when I've made up my mind, shall we?
BURBERRY FRESH GLOW LUMINOUS FLUID BASE IS AVAILABLE EXCLUSIVELY AT BURBERRY BEAUTY IN ISETAN SURIA KLCC {TEL: 03-2026 1022}. NRP RM165.
INGREDIENTS LIST
AQUA (WATER), GLYCERIN, ISOHEXADECANE, ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, ETHYLHEXYL STEARATE, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, SODIUM ACRYLATE/SODIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYL TAURATE COPOLYMER, PHENOXYETHANOL, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, CASSIA ANGUSTIFOLIA SEED POLYSACCHARIDE, POLYSORBATE 80, PANTHENOL, CARBOMER, SORBITAN OLEATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, SODIUM ASCORBYL PHOSPHATE, LYCIUM BARBARUM FRUIT EXTRACT, POTASSIUM SORBATE, ROSA CANINA FRUIT EXTRACT, SORBIC ACID, TOCOPHEROL, SODIUM HYDROXIDE.

MAY CONTAIN
CI 77019 (MICA), CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE), CI 77491 (IRON OXIDES)