December 15, 2012

urban decay naked 2 palette

Christmas came early for me this year because I decided to splurge on these two products that I've been itching to get for about half a year now. Introducing {with absolutely glee!} the Urban Decay Naked 2 and the Good Karma Optical Blurring Brush. I'll review the brush in a later post. Right now I just want to gush about the palette.

 

The Naked 2 retails for RM149 and the Good Karma Optical Blurring Brush at RM90, both available only at Sephora. I got mine at Sephora Starhill.


So, what is Urban Decay's Naked 2 palette?
According to Urban Decay, it's the most anticipated sequel of the decade after the successful launch of the original Naked palette. The new and improved Naked 2 features a dozen pigment-rich taupe and gray-beige neutrals, plus five exclusive new shades. Showcasing a dozen completely different shades than the first bronze-based collection, it includes a stunning range from pale and deep, to matte and sparkly. You'll achieve a host of new neutral looks, smoky dramatic eyes, and everything in between. The palette also includes a travel-size Lip Junkie Lipgloss in Naked and a double-ended, cruelty-free Good Karma Shadow/Crease Brush (available only in this palette).

What does RM149 get you?
12 x 0.05 oz Eye Shadows ...
  1. Foxy {cream bisque with matte finish}
  2. Half Baked {golden-bronze with shimmering finish}
  3. Booty Call {shimmering cork}
  4. Chopper {copper shimmer with silver micro glitter}
  5. Tease {creamy pale brown with matte finish}
  6. Snake Bite {dark bronze shimmer with metallic base}
  7. Suspect {pale golden beige with shimmering finish}
  8. Pistol {light gray-brown with shimmering finish}
  9. Verve {oyster with shimmering finish}
  10. YDK {cool bronze shimmer with metallic base}
  11. Busted {deep brown with shimmering finish}
  12. Blackout {blackest black with matte finish}
1 x Good Karma Shadow/Crease Brush
1 x 0.11 oz Lip Junkie Lip Gloss in Naked {a pinky neutral shade}

What else you need to know:
Urban Decay's packaging takes on a modern feel in Naked 2. With an art-school-inspired tin case and a hinged lid, it's smooth and cool to the touch.

My review:
I absolutely  the packaging. The metal tin it comes in is super sturdy, closes well and is an absolute head turner. 

The double ended brush {one end is for shading and the other for blending} is one of the best brushes I've owned. The bristles are super soft and very easy to clean. I've only had my set for a little over a week and I wash my brushes once every two days so they've been cleaned four times now and still looks brand spanking new.

The colors. I'm a huge fan of neutral colors which is one of the main reasons why I decided to splurge on this palette. The twelve shades it comes in is highly pigmented and shows up really well which is pleasantly surprising. The colors on some of the high end brands I've used in the past doesn't even show up so well unless I pile them on. Also, I don't use a primer potion for my eyes but I find the staying power pretty darn good, even after eight hours in the office. But then, I work in an air-conditioned environment so I can't quite review how the colors will stand up if otherwise, especially with a primer potion. 

The freebie. The palette comes with a mini sized Lip Junkie Lip Gloss in Naked. It's sort of a pink neutral shade and is suppose to be a universal shade. I however would have to disagree. I have a warm undertone and if I were to use the lip gloss on its own, I look sort of washed out. Probably because the lip gloss has a bluish base to it so this would probably work better for those with cool undertones. It's quite sticky but I ♥ the sweet minty smell and cooling effect so I'm willing to overlook the stickiness. It's supposedly has a plumping effect too which would be a bonus if I could see the difference. But then my lips aren't on the thin side either so I probably won't be able to notice anything unless it swells up into Angelina Jolie proportions, which is probably not a good look on me.

Definitely worth the RM149 since it only comes down to RM12.42 per color and that doesn't even include the cost of the double ended full size brush, the gorgeous tin and the mini Lip Junkie Lip Gloss! If you love neutral shades, get this. You won't regret it.


INGREDIENT LIST:
BOOTY CALL/FOXY/PISTOL: TALC, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, ZINC STEARATE, ETHYLENE/ACRYLIC ACID COPOLYMER, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, SORBIC ACID, PTFE.
HALF BAKED/SNAKE BIT/YDK: CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, TALC, ZINC STEARATE, PTFE, ETHYLENE/ACRYLIC ACID COPOLYMER, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, SORBIC ACID.
CHOPPER: TALC, POLYETHYLENE TEREPHTHALATE, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, ZINC STEARATE, PTFE, ETHYLENE/ACRYLIC ACID COPOLYMER, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, SOBRIC ACID, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, TIN OXIDE.
SUSPECT: TALC, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE, ZINC STEARATE, PTFE, ETHYLENE/ACRYLIC ACID COPOLYMER, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, SORBIC ACID, TIN OXIDE.
TEASE: TALC, ZINC STEARATE, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, ETHYLENE/ACRYLIC ACID COPOLYMER, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, SORBIC ACID, PTFE.
BUSTED/VERVE: TALC, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, PTFE, ZINC STEARATE, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, SORBIC ACID, ETHYLENE/ACRYLIC ACID COPOLYMER.
BLACK OUT: ZINC STEARATE, TALC, SILICA, ETHYHEXYL PALMITATE, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, BORON NITRIDE, SORBIC ACID.
ALL SHADES MAY CONTAIN: CI 77019 (MICA), CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE), CI 77491/77492/77499 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77000 (ALUMINUM POWDER), CI 75470 (CARMINE), CI 77510 (FERRIC FERROCYANIDE), CI 77742 (MANGANESE VIOLET), CI 77163 (BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE).
LIP JUNKIE - NAKED: POLYBUTENE, MINERAL OIL (PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM), SILICA SILYLATE, MENTHA PIPERITA (PEPPERMINT) PIL, PHENOXYETHANOL, ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, BENZYL BENZOATE, TRIBEHENIN, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRAISOSTEARATE, FLAVOR (AROMA), TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, SODIUM SACCHARIN, SORBITAN ISOSTEARATE, PALMITOYL OLIGOPEPTIDE.

MAY CONTAIN:

CI 77019 (MICA), CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE), CI 77491 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77163 (BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE), CI 75470 (CARMINE), CI 19140 (YELLOW 5 LAKE).