December 17, 2012

projects piled up on my plate

I have been misbehaving blog wise and gone MIA for quite a while – I totally blame Christian GreyDamon Salvatore, the Big Bad WolfMango and the spirit of Christmas ... Confused? Me too but in a nutshell, the MIA is totally my fault. Well, that and I’ve got quite a few projects piled up high on my lil' plastic plate so I’m totally juggling and time hasn’t been on my side much. But then, when has it ever?

So, what’s been happening in my life the last few weeks or so?

Let’s see ...

I’ve finally finished reading and re-reading (and re-reading) the entire Fifty Shades Trilogy from Grey to Darker to Freed (my favorite book would definitely be the second one) and my opinion on the series since my first review on Fifty Shades of Grey has changed a bit, particularly how I view Anastasia Steele - will be writing a new review on the books soon. And yes, I did suffer from post-Fifty Shades syndrome and I'm still slowly recovering. EL James should consider starting an AA club for Fifty Shades addicts in every country her books are sold in.

I’ve also got a pile full of books (about 23 in total) from the Big Bad Wolf happening at The Mines Convention Center until the 23 December that I’m currently reading, book by book of course for a pet project I'm working on. It's sort of hush hush at the moment because I don't want to jinx it and keeping it a secret as to what it really is sort of keeps me calm and sane because there won't be any expectations placed on it or negative comments made.

Then there’s my new vampire addition, post Edward and Bella from the Twilight Saga ... Vampire Diaries season IV and Damon Salvatore – both stemmed from my fascination with whom EL James and her mystery director might cast as Christian Grey. The current fan favourite so far is Ian Somerhalder who plays Damon Salvatore in Vampire Diaries. After seven episodes in, I do think EL James used Damon Salvatore as her muse for Christian Grey {she did mention somewhere she's a fan of Vampire Diaries!}. What do you think? He's got the tousled just-you-know-what hair {all the time!}, the sort of grey-ish piercing eyes, the straight nose, the square jaw and chiseled body. Of course we cannot forget his "mercurial" mood and the smirk. See, perfect Christian Grey! Anyway, will have to wait and see who actually gets cast.

Next up, fashion and I am in  with Mango, and I'm not referring to the fruit. I am totally hooked on this brand. I have spent quite a fortune on their clothes and have currently hoarded about an entire week’s worth of work clothes from this brand. The fact that I can purchase the clothes online and some designs not available in Malaysia makes it even more addicting. Like Fifty Shades, they should start an AA club for this too. I might even chair it ... right.

Then there’s Christmas and I’ve been busy thinking about what to get for everyone. I seriously doubt anyone bothers to put in as much thought as I do into their presents as I do theirs. Sigh. Anyhow, also be busy shopping, wrapping and wrapping and wrapping. It’s like a wrapping nightmare that would not end. Double sigh. I’m almost done as soon as my order from Gymboree and Carter's arrives sometime this week so my poor sticky fingers can take a rest.


Oh, there's also the Christmas Movement I'm helping a friend out with. We're collected gifts for a children's home in the city we live in and so far, the response has been overwhelmingly encouraging. It must be the Christmas spirit but a big thank you to everyone who took the time to go out and purchase something off the home's wishlist and also wrapping up extra goodies for the kids! If you'd like to learn more, head on over to the Facebook page.

Other than that, the kids are doing great – Lil' Ee has been conferred an honorary title into Santa’s "Naughty Hall of Fame" while lil' Kai is growing up handsomely and is probably somewhere in between Santa's naughty or nice list, depending on his mood. He’s developed sort of a crooked smile but in the most endearing way that absolutely melts this mama's heart. The best part, he’s also learn to let mama sleep through the night ... on some nights.

Guess that’s a wrap! Hope to post again before Christmas but if I don’t, you can blame the Mayans.