October 17, 2012

clinique repairwear laser focus review


I managed to drag myself to AEON to redeem my one week free trial of Clinique's new Repairwear Laser Focus on Thursday afternoon after getting only 3 hours worth of sleep the night before. I was half expecting a snooty sales consultant and be given a very abrupt customer service because not only was I not going to purchase anything, I was getting something for free.

But I am glad I was wrong. The sales consultant was super friendly and funny too {Sorry. I forgot her name}. She saw me yank out my iPhone to show her the email and before I could tell her my reason for being there, she gave me pen and paper; asked me for my redemption code, name and IC - politely I might add and gave me my sample after a brief introduction and how to use the product.

I ended up purchasing Clinique's Chubby Stick in Mango Tango too ... could not resist the lure of colored lip balms in a big fat stick.

Anyhow, back to the topic at hand. The review.

I have an oily T-Zone and I'm prone to minor breakouts around my chin area. However, skin around my cheeks are normal to dry depending on the weather. Weird, I know. I also have tiny fine lines around my eyes due to lack of sleep and not diligently using SPF during the day has left a couple of spots on my upper cheek area.

My current facial cleansing routine includes a brief scrub using "St Ives Apricot Scrub" for blemish prone skin then followed by "Skin Food's Carrot Cleansing Foam" to rid any makeup/dirt left behind. Then comes toning with "Origins Zero Oil" toner. I use Estee Lauder's "Advanced Night Treatment for Eyes" and "Advanced Night Treatment Serum" for my skin before finishing it off with their "Hydrationist Cream" moisturizer. I do this twice a day - once in the morning when I wake up and once at night right before I go to sleep.

So to see if Clinique's Repairwear Laser Focus works, I omitted Estee Lauder's ANT serum for skin from my routine and replaced it with Clinique's; keeping everything else the same. Since the product claims itself as ... "A potent serum which gives every skin a second chance against lines, wrinkles, sun damage. In 4 weeks, see obvious reduction in lines, wrinkles, improved texture. At 12 weeks, the visible wrinkle-reducing power is remarkably close to a dermatological laser procedure. 63%, to be exact. Different commitment, different results. And yet impressive results guaranteed.", I only use it around the eyes {I've read that it's OK to do so} and on my pigmentation so I can prolong its usage for more than a week since the website claims obvious reductions in 4 weeks.

It's been over a week and here's my verdict:

I have been extremely sleep deprived in the last two months which totally stressed out my skin. I've developed fine lines around the corners of my eyes and my skin tone looked dull.

After over a week of using Clinique's Repairwear Laser Focus night and day, my fine lines have not disappeared but they have reduced a little {probably about 40%} and no new ones have developed so far, so that claim is true. Pigmentation wise, I can't really tell if they've lightened or not because they were never quite an issue for me and I've been indoors all the time due to maternity leave. As for my skin texture, it is softer and less oily; surprisingly so seeing I haven't been keeping up with my daily 2L of water intake.

I suppose in some ways, Clinique's Repairwear Laser Focus does stay true to its claims but you will need more than 7 days to see visible changes. Will I purchase a full size bottle? Probably not because I'm all about Origins and Korean skin care nowadays; but that's just me.