October 12, 2012

anna sui's secret wish

When I was about 15 or 16, my aunt and cousins from UK came home for summer vacation and I remember thinking to myself how good my cousin sister smelled every time she was near; it was Giorgio Armani's Aqua di Gio.

Then when I was 18, my then boyfriend (now my dearest husband) introduced me to the world of Ralph Lauren fragrances. He was then using the Polo Sport and gave me a small sample bottle of Polo Sport for Women which I was addicted to because it reminded me of him when he returned to Canada after his summer vacation was over.

A couple of months later, it was my turn to leave the nest for the Land Down Under so when I had a couple of hours to burn at the airport's duty free shops, I got myself a bottle of Giorgio Armani's Aqua di Gio because I still love how it smelled like on my cousin sister and Ralph Lauren Polo Sport for Women because I had run out and missed boyfriend dearly.

During my time in Australia, I had the opportunity to buy more perfumes to try on and almost a decade down the road I've tried out quite a few perfumes from Calvin Klein's CK One, Elizabeth Arden's Green Tea, Lancome's Tresor, Lancome's Miracle So Magic, Vera Wang's Princess, Hugo Boss Orange,  Gucci's Envy Me, Nina Ricci's Nina, Salvatore Ferragamo's Incanto line to a few of Bvlgari's Omnias to name a few. But if I had to choose just one perfume I'd favorite, it'd definitely have to be Anna Sui's Secret Wish.


From annasui.com; Secret Wish expresses a magical optimism in the power of wishing for all you hope for, all you dream. An enchanting woodland fairy perched atop the fragrance bottle beckons you to reveal your innermost desires, and let the magic happen. 
This alluring fragrance conjures up the mystery of a moonlit forest, as sparking lemon, melon and apricot meld with a joyful burst of pineapple, mysterious blackcurrant, warm white ceder wood and sensual amber.
Wishing will make it so as you spray on this shimmery, feminine scent. Believe in the secrets of your hear and experience the power to make your dreams come true.
I'm quite particular when it comes to the color of the perfume itself and I would never purchase a perfume with liquid that is in hues of red or yellow because more often than not they smelled very rich and were super heady which usually gives me a pounding headache within seconds of application BUT I made an exception for Hugo Boss Orange which hubby bought for me when he was burning time at CDG Airport in Paris. I totally blame Sienna Miller for making it look like such a "happy perfume" in the ads and having Orlando Bloom representing Orange for Man adds a point to my -the-perfume factor too. Not to mention, the bottle is gorgeous! 

But back to Anna Sui's Secret Wish, the liquid itself is bluish-green in hue and is captured in a transparent rectangular glass bottle with a stopper that sort of reminds me of Tinkerbell, with Princess Jasmine like hair. I would probably class Secret Wish as a unique cool fruity and slightly sweet fragrance (probably from it's blend of lemon, melon, apricot, pineapple and blackcurrant) but not to a point of a fruit cocktail. Some may say the scent suits the younger generation but compared to Ralph Lauren Ralph or Ralph Cool, I beg to differ. It's perfect for my day-at-the-office and maybe a romantic-night-out-with-hubby wear but that's just me.