September 8, 2012

OXO tot ... worth the spend?

My mom will be making a trip back from USA March next year and like all {or most} moms, she'll ask me what I want and she'll actually go get it. Well, that or I'll order it online here and have it sent to her and she'll cart them back ... postage free. So, with lil' Kai asleep most of the time (joy!!) I have been able to stalk a few brands since they are so freakishly expensive here {seriously?!} ... for instance; OXO tot for babies and toddlers. Here's a little bit about them.
OXO Tot is a new sub-brand from American Housewares Giant OXO, launched in October 2010 introducing a range of baby feeding, cleaning and bathing products; all designed to minimise the frustration of parents and toddlers as they transition from babies to big kids.
OXO Tot is a natural progression of the OXO brand which began in 1990 with a dozen kitchen tools and has since branched out to every room of the home and beyond. OXO is based on the concept of Universal Design, the philosophy of creating products that are easy to use for the widest possible spectrum of users.
One of the firm beliefs of the company is that products should be developed by people who use them. After all, if you don’t use a product, how can you understand what the true user needs are? When it comes to children, OXO recently gained quite a bit of experience. In the past five years, 25 babies have been born to OXO’s 54 employees at the head office in New York. With that experience comes a lot of passion and a lot of ideas. 
As with all OXO projects, extensive user-based research was conducted before and during the development process. The Product Team examined every aspect of products, from how children hold handles to how they sit on chairs. They looked at types of materials used and manufacturing processes that would provide them with opportunities for improvement that would be the most meaningful to parents and children.
So back to the story at hand, lil' Kai will be almost 8 months when my mom sees him for the first time which means he'd have started feasting on my all-planned-out recipes for yummy organic homemade pureed goodness. I first saw OXO tot on Bubalot and I feel in love with their designs  ... like I did with Beaba, Boon and Skip*Hop (rolls eyes) and I'm particularly drawn to their feeding range especially these dishes/plates because I now have a messy eater who thinks meal times are like a spade to a sand at the beach.


The OXO Tot Divided Feeding Dish
The OXO Tot Divided Plate
The OXO Tot Baby Food Freezer Tray
The OXO Tot Baby Blocks Freezer Storage
So many choices I'm giddy with retail therapy joy {hubby just rolled his eyes at me ... again}. I just hope my mom won't get taxed too much of overweight luggage {but if you do, take a deep breath, remember that I love you and think of your healthy and happy grandson when he's eating yummy food prepared using all the above}.