September 1, 2012

looking for signs of labour

Oh! The waiting ...

I'm nearing the end of my 37 week of pregnancy and I'm still pregnant ... only with a whole lot more discomfort and the occassional jabs of pain here and there. In some ways I'm glad my baby boy has more time to grow stronger but at the same time, I'd like to have some sense of normalcy back with  my body.

Hubby and I made the move to the in-laws yesterday and all the packing, unpacking and re-arranging has at least in my opinion thrown my body's out of whack rhythm even more out of whack. My Braxton Hicks' were much more frequent and was actually uncomfortable to the point of being painful; a first in this pregnancy. Usually, they were mild and bearable. The little one was also much more active squirming and hiccupping adding to the discomfort.

I think my poor hubby is getting tired of waiting too. Everytime I scrunched my face when a Braxton Hicks hits, he'll ask "If the baby coming?!". It was funny the first few times, but after 24 hours I just told him I'll yell "Peaches!" when it's time - I totally blame this on my hormones and my daughter for overdosing me on Disney's Ice Age; "Dawn Of The Dinosaurs".

I'm still working and this morning I decided to scour the Internet to an age of question of many pregnant mums - "Am I in labour ... yet?!" and my answer - "I don't know. Maybe."

According to parents.com, there are 5 Signs That You're In Labour and I've only been able to check 2.5 off the list so I guess I'm not in labour.
  1. Your Water Breaks.
  2. You're Having Strong, Regular Contractions.
  3. You Notice a Discharge. - Check!
  4. You Get Diarrhea - Check! At least once a day. My apologies ... TMI.
  5. Your Back Really Hurts. - Only when I lie sit or lie down for too long at a time.
So, I guess I'll have to deal with possible another 18 days more of pregnancy.

Oh! The waiting ...