August 20, 2012

philips avent 3-in-1 electric sterilizer

It has been a quiet Raya holiday up until today when the hubby, baby and I went over to the in-law's to set up my bedroom for when I move in for my confinement.

All the packing and folding totally exhausted me out by mid-day but I got to check the first item off our baby registry today: the Philips Avent 3-in-1 Electric Sterilizer, a baby gift from Grandma.


Did the first trial sterilizing run on my Philips Avent Isis Breast Pump which I finally took out of storage after three years and I'm totally loving the interchangeable compartments depending on what I'll be sterilizing and the slim space-saving design.


Total sterilizing time only took 6 minutes and it was also very quiet compared to the Little Bean one I used when I had Adrianna.

At RM279.20 (after 20% discount) the package also came with a 4 oz. Philips Avent PP Feeding Bottle, an infant soother and an itsy lil' wee thong.

Philips Avent also made a 4-in-1 version which includes an additional basket for the dishwasher but since we Malaysians prefer the sink more, I didn't think spending an additional RM50 was fruga (LOL! I cannot believe I just used the word "frugal" ... this coming from a chick who hasn't had a single dose of retail therapy for more than 8 months due to pregnancy and experiencing a famine in the bank account.)

Can't wait to try out more Philips Avent products especially the Natural Range feeding bottles - they truly do live up to their moto: Sense and Simplicity.

Here's a little video I found off YouTube on the Philips Avent 3-in-1 Electric Sterilizer. Apparently with my unit, Philips Avent forgot to install the automatic interchangeable compartment with the hand clapping feature. Quite disappointed, but nevertheless it's still a stylish little nifty sterilizer. I also cannot quite understand the dancing though. Probably too tired to ... I prefer to just slump on top of the counter top or on the couch while I wait.