August 15, 2012

35 weeks and waddling with a sore crotch

My little one turned when I was 33 weeks pregnant and I could feel his little noggin' pressuring down on my pelvic area whenever he squirmed or had the hiccups. He's been gaining about 0.5 oz. a week since then and with the added weight comes added pain. Right now at 35 weeks, I can hardly walk without grimacing in pain ... not sure how I'm going to make it to week 40 and last eight hours in the office!

Last week he was 2.7 kgs (about 5 lbs. 9 oz.) and if he continues to gain weight the way that he is, I estimate he'll be about 2.9 kgs (about 6 lbs. 4 oz.) by the end of this week and about 3.8 kgs (about 8 lbs. 4 oz) by the end of week 40 which is just a short five weeks away. Ouch! Trying very hard not to think about how to push an eight pounder baby out of me since I nearly passed out pushing Adrianna out and she was only 5 lbs 7 oz.!

So, what's new with me in week 35 ... let's see.

Hot flashes! Goodness. I sleep with the air-conditioner on full blast on me and I still sweat bucketloads at night to the point I soak my pillow case. I hate being in my office as well because I can be sitted and I'm still sweating. It's horrible! With that in mind, I make sure I drink lots of water and I mean lots - about 3 litres a day or I feel like I might shrivel and dry out which doesn't help with the pelvic pain because I'd then have to waddle to the loo every 15 minutes or so.

An extremely sore crotch. I know I've covered that point already ... but I also read here that the body will adjust the pelvis to accomodate the baby's size by stretching the ligamets to the right size when baby settled in the pelvic bone. I fine with that. I just wish someone bothered to inform me that it hurts ... like %#^!.

Huge boobs. I've resorted to wearing my Bravado nursing bra to work and although it flattens my girls out and doesn't really flatter how my chest area ... I figured, being able to breath and comfort before vanity. It's only 3 to 5 weeks more to go.