August 24, 2012

26 days and counting down

26 more days to my due date. How crazy is that?! Writing it that way compared to “36 almost 37 weeks pregnant” makes meeting my lil’ man so much closer.

Nothing new happening with me this past couple of days. The work front is pretty calm especially with my boss outstation until tomorrow ... perhaps then all hell might break loose, again. I’m still working and will probably work until I go into labor but so far I’m glad to report I’ve finished what I need to finish on a day-to-day basis so if I do go into labor during the night, the poor girls having to stand-in for me won’t have much of a headache especially with my multi-coloured sticky notes system combined with a very lengthy email of instructions. My colleagues say I’m organized ... hubby is much more blunt, he says I’m a tad obsessive compulsive. Unfortunately, I tend to agree with hubby because I sometimes tire myself out unnecessarily by being too organized..

Pregnancy wise; nothing new either. Exhaustion still lingers on a daily basis but that’s probably due to my inability to sleep through the night without my bladder waking me up every 2 to 3 hours, to which I should not complain because I've read in the forum I frequent that some women have it worse; like every 15 to 30 minutes.

My next appointment with George isn’t until Tuesday next week for which I think I’ll still be pregnant because my lil’ man has not given me any signs or indications he wants out even though his squirms are getting quite uncomfortable for me due to him running out of room to do any yoga-esk maneuvers. My Braxton Hicks are still quite elusive during the day but they do pick up a notch at night. I haven’t started to bloat and my back hasn't started to ache – I’m beginning to think my lil’ man might not want out unless I serve him an eviction notice ... forcibly. Sigh.

Preparation wise; I am now living vicariously through my unborn son since I'm too preggo to shop for myself; can't blame me for being super excited that these babies have been checked off our Baby Gift Registry all in the past week alone!

1. Philips Avent 3-in-1 Electric Sterilizer - gift from Grandma Molly.
2. Philips Avent Natural Feeding Infant Set - gift from my boss.
3. Fisher Price Infant to Toddler Rocker - gift from my colleagues.

Definitely happy and relieved now since all the basics (and a bit of luxury) have been purchased. Feeling loved too because they are from family and friends. Can't wait to start using them and will definitely update with loads of photos and a review!