July 19, 2012

the new philips avent natural range bottles

With baby boy due in about 7 to 9 weeks, sheepishly I admit I've yet to purchase anything for him yet. It's not because I'm not excited about his arrival, I guess it's because I'm still hunting for the best in quality and pricing.

The biggest headache I have now is the purchase of the baby feeding bottles. Adrianna has been using the Philips Avent Anti-Colic PP 9 oz. bottles with no issues and I figured I'd continue using the same model Philips Avent for baby boy. Initially I wanted to purchase the Philips Avent Newborn PP Starter Kit now going for RM151.20 from myBBstore.com but then I had to find out about this ...

The brand spanking new Philips Avent Natural range of bottles due to launch end of July 2012.

Sigh.

I managed to track down ONE online shop that sold the new range in a starter kit but it retails at RM210 per set excluding postage ... an extra RM50 but the new range does boast some pretty neat new features especially for moms like me who plan to breastfeed but to also get some rest in between feeding and pumping so a bottle featuring a teat that doesn't create nipple confusion and reduces colic and discomfort would be great.

Here's some of the new features the range boasts in a  nutshell:
  • Natural latch on due to the wide breast-shaped teat: The wide breast-shaped teat promotes natural latch on similar to the breast, making it easy for your baby to combine breast and bottle feeding. This would definately be the selling point for me since I plan to breastfeed my baby boy.
  • Unique comfort petals for an extra soft and flexible teat: Petals inside the teat increase softness and flexibility without teat collapse. Your baby will enjoy a more comfortable and contented feed.
  • Advanced anti colic system with innovative twin valve: Innovative twin valve design reduces colic and discomfort by venting air into the bottle and not baby's tummy.
Decisions! Decisions! Decision! ... I do wish we had baby showers here in Malaysia then I could just register this set in a baby registry and keep both my fingers and toes crossed. 

So, should I splurge an extra RM50 for this new range of baby bottles?