May 28, 2012

skip*hop diaper bag ... ♥!

When we had Adrianna, hubby converted a laptop/messenger bag he used during his university days into a diaper bag for me. As much as I appreciated his effort, the converted diaper bag was gigantic and monsterously heavy. I particularly hated the long flap I had to flip back just to get to the inside of the bag and because it had a zippered front, if I put anything in the front pocket it'd usually hit me in the face first. I also remembered lugging it around the airports on our 5 week US trip and my shoulder was so sore, I gave up and threw all of Adrianna's necessacities into my handbag instead. Even my mother-in-law didn't like the giant diaper bag and chose to use her own bag instead, much to hubby's frustration. Maybe if he had to use it as often as we did and take care of a baby at the same time, he'd understand our reluctance.

So, this time with my little baby boy ... I'm going to buy a proper diaper bag and it's going to be Skip*Hop's Duo Diaper Bag retailing at USD $58 (RM230 - RM260 here in Malaysia, depending which shop you purchase it from). I'm sure there are other awesome diaper bags out there but I narrowed my choice down to this one because of the price and the fuctionality of it fits my daily baby lifestyle and it's go pretty well with our giant-of-a-stroller the Graco (Yes. It's not a pattern. Hubby likes to buy gigantic baby things. You ain't see our baby car seat yet!) With all it's pretty patterns, mother-in-law might actually even enjoy use it!

I haven't decided on which pattern I'll get but it'll either be Blossom (pictured below) or Uptown Stripes. I might even contemplate Wave Multi too. Here's the run down on the diaper bag:
The Skip Hop Duo's multitude of pockets and compartments easily organize diapers, bottles, sippy cups, food and toys, while keeping your phone, camera, wallet, keys and other personal items safe and dry. The Duo features our patented Shuttle Clips, allowing it to quickly and easily convert from a shoulder to a stroller bag. When attached to the stroller, you can leave the shoulder strap attached or remove it for a cleaner look. The Duo has eleven pockets in total, magnetic closures ( this feature!) throughout and a comfy shoulder pad. A long time favorite of new moms and dads – the Duo is a must-have classic!
  • Hangs neatly on a stroller & can be worn over the shoulder.
  • Patented Shuttle Clips make the Duo the ultimate stroller bag; either leave the shoulder strap attached or remove it for a cleaner look.
  • Strong magnetic closures throughout.
  • Extraordinarily durable poly-canvas construction - this bag will last for years.
  • Cushioned changing pad.
  • Side pocket for bottle or sippy cup.
  • Shoulder strap includes soft, removable shoulder pad.
  • Eleven pockets in total, including a zippered personal pocket.
  • Convenient cell phone pocket & easy-access pen holders.
  • Contrasting lining makes it easy to find everything inside.
  • Dimensions (inches): 13" wide x 13.75" high x 4.25" deep