April 2, 2012

fluffy pillows, niagara showers and bacon

I’d love a vacation right … about … now. I’d go anywhere, as long as there’s a big huge comfortable bed with fluffy pillows and covers, a shower where the water flows like the Niagara falls and there’s bacon for breakfast. I’m easy to please, right? But it’s quite difficult getting hubby to agree to a getaway when he’s got his head stuck in a calculator.

It’s exhausting bringing up a toddler on my own, especially when she’s in her terrible twosome’s stage where every single thing must be done to her specification or a hissy fit of Titanic proportions will ensue. Although lil' Ee is learning to tone down her hissy fits with each one she starts, she is still only two years old and still has quite a bit of reasoning skills to master. This momma’s going give her until she’s three before throwing a hissy fit of her own. But it has been totally tiring me out especially since I’m now pregnant (again) and holding a full-time job at the same time.

Although any vacation I do take now will include both hubby, lil' Ee and our new addition to the family in September, just the thought of not having to pick up after the both of them or clean up after meals or making the beds over and over again just for a day sounds really dreamy (include that big huge comfortable bed with fluffy pillows and covers, a shower where the water flows like the Niagara falls and most importantly bacon in the picture and … utterly heavenly.)

With the in-laws on a week long vacation at end of the month, Adrianna and I will be in KL so I’m hoping hubby remembers my “mini vacation” wish. Here’s to crossed fingers (and toes while I can still see and reach ‘em).