March 21, 2012

perfect wedding song, according to moi

When I first saw the wedding scene in Breaking Dawn Part I, I have to admit I was much more curious about the song that Bella walked down the aisle to as compared to her dress.

After oodles of Google-ing, I totally fell in with the song probably because it was written exclusively for the film; from the lyrics right down the soothing combination of strings and piano accompaniment which seems to just fit the characters and the 15th century theme Alice was aiming for (according to the book anyway, since Edward was born in 1901).


{ Turning Page – by Sleeping At Last }
Click here to download the song and here for the instrumental version.

I’ve waited a hundred years but I’d wait a million more for you.
Nothing prepared me for what the privilege of being yours would do.
If I had only felt the warmth within your touch,
If I had only seen how you smile when you blush,
Or how you curl your lip when you concentrate enough,
I would have known what I was living for all along … what I’ve been living for.
For love is my turning page where only the sweetest words remain.
Every kiss is a cursive line, every touch is a redefining phrase.
I surrender who I’ve been for who you are,
For nothing makes me stronger  than your fragile heart.
If I had only felt how it feels to be yours,
well I would have known what I’ve been living for all along … what I’ve been living for.
Though we’ve tethered to the story we must tell, when I saw you I knew we’d tell it well,
With a whisper we will tame the vicious seas, like a feather bring kingdoms to their knees.

The song and the instrumental version totally kicked the song I chose to walk down the aisle with. But as a consolation, Lea Salonga’s “Two Words” did make all three of my bridesmaids cry, even before they saw me walk down the aisle. Now if you'll excuse me, I've got to go find that darn syncing cable for my iPod.