February 29, 2012

everything seems to fast!

I look like a zombie-fied waddling midget when I am pregnant. I’m in the middle of my 11th week now and sporting a small baby bump, some say it’s because this is my second pregnancy and women who have given birth before tend to show a little early. I just attribute it to gas and extreme bloating; a common pregnancy symptom that has plagued me since I found out I was pregnant at 5 weeks, so all in all, I have been a walking gas tank for about 6 weeks now and it doesn’t seem to show any signs of dissipating no matter how much water I drink a day and how careful I am with the food I take.

Back to the topic at hand; looking like a zombie-fied waddling midget. I can still walk normally but suspect I’ll be getting into the act of waddling when my belly actually pops in a couple of weeks. Everything with this pregnancy feels so accelerated and here’s my list of why I feel it’s so.

Fact #1: With Adrianna (she’ll be three in July but she’ll always be my little baby girl), I didn’t even realized I was pregnant until I was 8 weeks because I had no pregnancy symptoms at all, except for extreme sleepiness which didn’t kick-in until end of week 6. Even then, I didn’t put two and two together and figured it was because I was exhausted from all the photography shoots and photo editing I was doing then. I only suspected I was after trying to recall my last period and came up blank. Now with the little bean, I suspected I was pregnant by week 5 and by then exhaustion and nausea had already kicked in a few days prior.

Fact #2: The nausea in the first pregnancy started from week 8 and stopped around week 13, exhaustion unfortunately never left. This time around, nausea kicked-in around week 5 and although it’s starting to get better at the end of week 10, it does hit hard especially in the evenings if I’m not careful with what I eat during the day. Exhaustion … still here.

Fact #3: My baby bump did not show up in my first pregnancy until about week 20 but I’ve got a discernible bump now and although I blame gas and bloating, it’s has been there since week 8 and growing a tad every day.

So now, my main concern is if my little bean will come early. Adrianna was born at 38 weeks and I only labored for 4 hours and 45 minutes (I know. Me freak.) I hope my little bean will stay in until at least 38 weeks and isn’t as impatient as its big sister to meet the world but feel free to reduce Momma’s labor time in half. Momma don't function well in pain.