August 4, 2012

a quick weekend getaway to kuala lumpur

While spring cleaning my Facebook photo albums, I found a bunch of photos we took of Adrianna two years ago when we took a quick weekend trip to KL somewhere in the middle of August. Ever since hubby started working in KL last year in June and me staying back in Ipoh, we've hardly gone anywhere for a vacation. Now with me being 37 weeks pregnant, we'll probably not go anywhere for quite some time to come. Sigh ...

Anyhow ... back to the quick weekend trip we took way back in August two years ago ...

With the US trip looming near, the family decided to take a drive down to KL and spend the weekend there to sensitize bubs to travelling. Besides, hubby managed to book us a family room at The Royale Bintang Damansara at an impressive rate. So off we went early in the morning, with bleary eyed bubs in tow in her pajamas and hugging her bear.

We arrived around 10am and headed to Mid Valley; wiped down and changed bubs in the parking lot (something I've mastered since she has a knack of pooping in the car) and off for a quick session of lunch and shopping we went.

Bubs loves the little musical cars and had to try out every single one we came across.
And I mean every ... single ... one.


"Ooh! What a big teddy bear!"

"Mama! Can I have this one?"

After checking into our room and allowing bubs to take an afternoon nap, it was off to Marche for dinner. It's tough to enjoy a decent meal let alone a gastronomical Ramadhan buffett when you have a 13 month old toddler in tow, but I managed to "steal" some off hubby's plate so all is not lost.

I've not had this for the longest time ... almost ten years! I studied in Queensland and Bundaberg Root Beer, Ginger Ale and the Rum was aplenty at the Bottle O's. But my, it is pricey here!

A papa and bubs squeeze moment.
Poor bubs. She seems more confused than feeling loved.

The next morning, it was off to the buffet breakfast at the Royale Bintang Damansara dining area. I think bubs is wondering to herself what on earth did her papa just pass her to put in her mouth (it's a crunchy piece of corn flakes).

"Oh well, it's probably edible since papa is spooning mouthfuls into his own mouth".


My little supermodel wannabe.
A quick dip in the pool before checking-out and heading home back to Ipoh.